Monday, March 16, 2009

Knitting on the subway

I was coming home on the subway tonight, working on my button-tab hat, and two people across the aisle from me began loudly discussing my knitting. The woman thought I was "smart" for knitting, as I could make myself lots of clothes, while the man was confused about whether I was knitting or crocheting. People. I can hear you when you talk about me loudly on the subway. I am knitting, not deaf.

Incidentally, I notice that I get more comments on the subway when I knit with straight needles rather than DPNs. I wonder if people don't know what I'm doing when I knit with the DPNs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've gotten a lot more stares when I knit on the Green Line than if I knit on the Red Line. I'm thinking it's my awesome balancing skills. On the Red Line, you don't need to be an acrobat to stand and knit.